Sunday, August 5, 2007

Political Festival

Last night I was at the Italian Festival, and like always it was a political hangout. Thought I would do a small write-up on who was there.

First of all, it was a Democratic night because that was mainly who was there. Now, I don't know if that was the case for Friday night, or earlier in the day, but that's what it was like at night. Republican City Treasurer Dan Jowdy was the only Republican candidate there, and was passing out stickers, and walking around. Democratic Town Clerk Lori Kaback, and Democratic Council candidates Lynn Taborsak, John Esposito, Tom Saadi, Fred Visconti, Christine Halfar, Manny Furtado, and Warren Levy were also there. Now, I might not have seen everyone, so don't just go by my list.

When walking around, you could see a lot of Jowdy and Kaback stickers, along with a few for Lynn Taborsak, and Warren Levy. To conclude, let's just say if last night was any indication of how this election season will be, then the Democrats will be out in full force, as it is starting to become very clear that they are definitely trying to get the majority on the Council. Stay tuned!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jowdy is going to win big. Kaback looked impressive last night. Cappiello and Jan Giegler were also there but the Dems were all over the place.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too saw Jowdy and Kaback out in full force. These my friends are the ones not hiding in this election.
Where were the others?

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB TO ALL AT THE ITALIAN FEST; I HAD A GREAT TIME WORKING WITH YOU ALL AND THE WEATHER TURNED OUT GREAT!

Can't wait until Italian Festival '08

Anonymous said...

Kaback proved that she has the edge.

Anonymous said...

The Republicans were there on Friday night you moron. They were also there on Sunday afternoon late. Levy? he could not get elected to his own Town Committee!!!Kaback? Loser. Stickers do not make elections...

Anonymous said...

Who was there on Friday and Sunday?

Anonymous said...

Dan Jowdy has been doing a great job, and in my opinion should definitely win...

DP said...

Let's not call each other names. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Anonymous said...

It was very pleasant to speak with a few of the candidates at the festival this past weekend. My husband and I are new to the area and we felt very welcomed. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Kaback stickers may not win her the election but she has a higher chance of winning because SHE WAS ACTUALLY THERE!

Anonymous said...

Let those that prove themselves by working hard be successors in November. Glad to see Boughton, Jowdy, Kaback, Eileen, and many of the council.

Anonymous said...

You are so irresponsible. You only attend one night of the festival and act if that is all that matters.
Why do you report on a weekend event and only report on one evening.
If you can't do your homework and report on the entire weekend = don't report it
I was there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and so plenty of Republican candidates, in fact there were more of them over the three days.
Pudgie Delohery knew everyone unlike Laurie Kaback who needed others to introduce her
Your need to keep your democratic leanings under control

DP said...

First of all I clearly said that I was just there one night, and not to go by what I just said. Secondly, I don't lean Democratic. I report on what I see, and let's just say you are very wrong on what you wrote of me. If you look at my posts regarding the upcoming election, you would see that I was very fair to the Republicans.

Anonymous said...

YOU GO DP